Monday 24 May 2010

Missing You

This poem was part of my way of dealing with the loss of my nan. She was never judgemental and was always there for me whenever I needed someone to talk to.


Missing You


As I sit here and think of you.
Missing the love,
That you gave me.
You're gone,
And I can't bring you back,
I've lost you forever.

The tears trickle down my face,
As I cry wanting,
Your sweet embrace.
You took away,
All my fears and pain,
My troubles you’d erase

You where always there for me,
Your loving
Your affection
You never ever,
Let me down in anyway,
You always made my day.

You always knew when I was down,
You’d lift me up
And keep me strong
You are the only person,
Who ever bothered to know me.
I miss you each and everyday


†Dedicated to the memory of Sybil McGarry†
©2005 David McGarry

No comments:

Post a Comment