Monday 24 May 2010

Out Of Body, Out Of Mind

Contemplating acting on my suicidal tendencies during stressful times I wrote this poem. It shows how I've come to hate myself so much that I believe that should I ever manage to take my own life that I would not be missed.


Out Of Body, Out Of Mind

It seems tonight,
I'm on the floor.
There's someone
knocking at my door.

Can't answer it,
I only shout.
Then I hear,
No words come out.

I try again,
But it's the same.
I can't even,
Say my own name.

I panic now,
Start to weep,
From my eyes,
The tears not seep.

As for sound,
Nothing is heard,
From my mouth,
No breath transferred.

Looking down,
I see my face,
Reflection maybe?
This not the case.

My body limp,
Lips so blue,
Tell me this,
Cannot be true.

The door it opened,
In beamed a light,
Now all I feel
Is pain and fright

I walk towards
The light I see
I feel, I sense
My destiny

My body now,
Is left behind
And soon my life
Is out of mind.


(c)2008 David McGarry

No comments:

Post a Comment